These Bruschetta Scones have a savory flair, including sun dried tomatoes, basil, olives, pine nuts, and feta cheese!
“Ugh. MOM. Why can’t you make anything normal? Why can’t we have plain scones. Nothing in them. Just butter.”
And then both kids inhaled two, each, of these Bruschetta Scones.
I just sat there and gloated.
Needing something soft and so tired of cottage cheese, these scones were another recipe I made a few times after my dental surgery. I’ve only had sweet scones in the past and was intrigued by a savory option. They turned out really great!
other scone recipes we love
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup spinach leaves , finely chopped
- 3 large basil leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, olives, cheese, and pine nuts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture; with your fingers or a fork, combine until moistened and just incorporated (do not over mix!)
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 1-inch thick rectangle or circle.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 8 wedges.
- Place scones on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool slightly before serving and enjoy!
adapted from BHG