These Beef Gyros are a cheater Gyro with sirloin instead of traditional lamb, store bought Greek seasoning, and homemade Tzatziki sauce. They are simple, quick, and incredibly tasty!
We have two Beagles. Yep. Hounds. Their entire existence revolves around food. They can (and do) finish off a bowl of kibble within seconds.
I’ll admit, that they’ve slowed down a bit, now in their 12th year – not quite as quick when a grape falls to the floor. But there are certain items that lights a fire under them. A fight to the death!
Cheese, almonds, popcorn, and beef.
If I ever gave them a bowl containing these four items, all together, the drool that would immediate follow could fill up a well.
Same thing happens when I make these Beef Gyros. They are immediately at my feet. Different than taco meat, meatballs, hamburger patties…something about these Beef Gyros.
Ebi, looking up at me with those eyes that say, “Pretty please. Just this once. I won’t tell Dad. Swear.” Or Ginger, “I just know something’s going to fall. I just know it. Today’s the day. I’d sooner get stepped on than move.”
Maintaining their girlish figures is no small feat. With sweet faces like those, I want to give them everything. But I don’t…which is why they’re going to live
for another 10 years forever.
This is an imitation Gyro, made with sirloin instead of the traditional lamb, and the seasoning is a Greek mix that you can buy at any market. The sauce is an authentic Tzatziki.
They are simple, quick, and incredibly tasty. I make them often for lunch. No
dog human can resist them.
other easy dinner recipes we love
Cheater Beef Gyros
- 1 pound sirloin ,cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 soft pita breads ,warmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes ,halved
- 1 small Persian cucumber ,julienned
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Toss sirloin with the Greek seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add sirloin and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide sirloin strips among the warmed pitas. Top with tomato and cucumber. Drizzle the Tzatziki sauce over the top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!