Easy and delicious Beef Lettuce Wraps made with Chili beans for a Mexican flair. Whip them up in about 25 minutes for a tasty appetizer or main meal!
Give me a sampler of appetizers and that can easily turn into a meal. And I’m ok with that. These Beef Lettuce Wraps can be served as either! They’re great finger food for get-togethers, but also filling enough for dinner. So easy to make and loaded with great Mexican flavors.
Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Ingredients you’ll need:
*Scroll below for the complete printable recipe card.
- Ground Beef: We use lean ground beef. Ground turkey would also work well here.
- Bacon: Salty, smoky bacon adds such delicious flavor.
- Onion and Garlic: These sauté along with the beef and provide wonderful aromatics.
- Chili Beans: A can of chili beans in their sauce gets incorporated into the mixture, adding protein and such great flavor.
- Parsley: Fresh chopped parsley lends brightness and a slight peppery flavor.
- Lettuce leaves: We prefer iceberg lettuce for crispness and crunch, but green leaf or butter lettuce are also great choices, which are softer and roll nicely.
- Cheese: Mexican blend, cheddar, or pepper jack for a kick.
- Toppings: I love to top these lettuce wraps with avocado or homemade guacamole, fresh Pico de Gallo, a little drizzle of homemade enchilada sauce, or a spritz of lime juice.
How to Make Lettuce Wraps
These beef lettuce wraps couldn’t be easier. From start to finish, you’re looking at maybe 25 minutes. Here’s a brief summary:
- Fry the bacon and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, brown the beef along with the onion and garlic until cooked through. Drain off the fat.
- Add in the can of chili beans with their sauce; simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Take off the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Assemble the wraps by stacking a couple lettuce leaves and scooping the desired amount of filling.
- Finish off the wraps by topping with cheese, avocado cubes, and Pico de Gallo or salsa.
Other Mexican Recipes We Love
Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 slices bacon , roughly chopped to small pieces
- 1 small sweet onion , finely diced
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 15 ounce can chili beans (with their sauce)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- small Iceberg lettuce leaves
- shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- guacamole or diced avocado, for serving
- pico de gallo or salsa, for serving
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Pour off any remaining bacon fat from the pan and return to medium-high heat.
- Add the beef, onion, and garlic to the hot pan. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 3 minutes. Drain off fat and return pan to heat.
- Add the can of beans with their sauce, stir well and bring up to a simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- To serve, stack 2 lettuce leaves, scoop desired amount of filling, and top with shredded cheese, guacamole, and pico de gallo.