Made with ravioli, pasta sauce, and three types of cheese, this Baked Ravioli casserole is a super easy weeknight dinner. It requires just 10 minutes of prep time and makes a great freezer meal too.
Easy Baked Ravioli Casserole
This Baked Ravioli is a favorite with my kids because it tastes great, and it’s a favorite for me because it’s so stinkin’ easy! With just 10 minutes of prep, I can have this casserole in the oven. An hour later, dinner is served.
One of the things I love most about this ravioli casserole is its versatility. You can make it your own by changing the type of ravioli, pasta sauce, and/or cheese. There are so many variations that you can prep it differently each and every time – that means you can serve this up frequently and it won’t feel like you’re eating the same meal over and over again.
As a bonus, this ravioli bake makes a great freezer meal and can easily be assembled in advance.
You need just a handful of ingredients to prepare this casserole – and three of them are cheese!
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cheese ravioli – Refrigerated ravioli is used.
- Pasta sauce – You can use our homemade marinara sauce or your favorite store brand.
- Cottage cheese – Small curd 4% cottage cheese. You can also substitute with ricotta cheese, if preferred.
- Mozzarella cheese – Lots of shredded mozzarella goes into this recipe. So good & cheesy!
- Parmesan – Freshly grated parmesan for best flavor.
- Fresh parsley – Minced fresh parsley is used for a simple garnish.
Possible Recipe Variations
Variations to this ravioli bake are endless, as nearly all the ingredients can be changed. You can also add other ingredients in, too. Here are a few ideas:
- Use other ravioli flavors. You can usually find ravioli stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, or even meat.
- Add meat into the sauce. Stir in (cooked) ground beef or sausage into the sauce. Or use our amazing spaghetti sauce recipe.
- Make it an alfredo casserole. If desired, you can swap the pasta sauce for alfredo sauce for an extra creamy casserole.
- Cut the recipe in half. If you’re only feeding one or two people, you can cut the ingredients in half and bake them in a 8×8 pan.
How to Make Baked Ravioli
This casserole is SO easy. Once your ravioli is cooked, it comes together in minutes.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for complete details.)
- Cook the ravioli. Cook according to package directions (al dente) then drain.
- Layer the casserole. Spread a cup of the pasta sauce in the baking dish, then layer with half of the cooked ravioli, more sauce, cottage cottage, and mozzarella. Repeat the layers and top with parmesan.
- Bake. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
I like to sprinkle the baked casserole with a little fresh chopped parsley and serve with some garlic bread or dutch oven bread. It also pairs very well with a light green side salad or some roasted broccoli.
Make Ahead and Storing Leftovers
- Make Ahead. Baked ravioli makes a great freezer meal. Just assemble as directed, cover tightly with plastic wrap and again with foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. You can bake the casserole straight from the freezer, adding an additional 10-15 minutes onto the bake time. If you notice the top browning before the center is heated through, you can cover it with foil. You can also keep the prepared casserole in the fridge for up to a day before baking.
- How to store leftovers. Leftover ravioli bake can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- How to reheat leftovers. Leftovers can be reheated either in the oven or the microwave. If using the oven, I recommend covering the baking dish with foil to prevent the cheese from burning.
More Easy Casseroles:
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Pizza Noodle Casserole
Baked Ravioli Casserole
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or your favorite store-bought pasta sauce)
- 2 cups small-curd 4% cottage cheese (or use ricotta if you prefer)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- minced fresh parsley , for garnish
- garlic bread , for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Layer with half of the cooked ravioli, 1 1/4 cups sauce, 1 cup of cottage cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella. Repeat layers and then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped parsley and enjoy with some garlic bread or crusty sourdough.