This Almond Joy Breakfast Smoothie recipe has the flavor of the classic candy bar, but made healthy with chocolate frozen yogurt, coconut milk, fruit, and coconut for a simple breakfast or snack! This easy drink will be your new favorite way to start the day!
Do you have a favorite candy bar? Mine are Twix and Almond Joy.
When our kids were little and would go trick-or-treating for Halloween, we would have to remove all the Snickers and Reese’s PB Cups because of their peanut allergy. They never put up a fuss – they got it. But I pretty much had to fight my daughter for the Almond Joy.
Since I created this Strawberry Smoothie for my son’s deep devotion to all things strawberry, I thought it only fair that I create something to make my daughter as equally excited. This Almond Joy Breakfast Smoothie is for her…and she loved it!
Ingredients you need for this breakfast smoothie
- Coconut milk
- Chocolate frozen yogurt
- Frozen banana slices
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Almond extract
- Ice cubes
Make it a dessert drink!
If you want to indulge and ramp this up to be more of a dessert drink, make these substitutions:
- Use whole milk, instead of coconut milk
- Replace the frozen yogurt with ice cream
- Drizzle in a tablespoon or two of homemade chocolate sauce
How to Freeze Bananas
You can use ripe bananas that aren’t frozen, but frozen banana slices make the smoothie thicker and creamier.
To freeze bananas, slice and put on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, stick in the freezer for 45 minutes, then transfer to a freezer safe plastic Ziploc bag and place in the freezer until ready to use.
Other Smoothie recipes we love!
Almond Joy Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate frozen yogurt
- 1 rips banana , sliced and frozen
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender (in the order listed.) Start your blender on low and increase to high speed; blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!