These Air Fryer Cheesecake Egg Rolls feature cherry pie filling and cream cheese wrapped in a wonton and topped with cinnamon-sugar. A quick, easy, and tasty dessert egg roll everyone will love!
Easy Cherry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
These cherry cheesecake egg rolls are such a fun dessert! They’re a unique way to get all the flavors of cherry cheesecake without much work and each one is the perfect individual serving size.
Wonton wrappers are filled with cherry pie filling and cream cheese, then air fried to crisp, golden perfection. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar and you have an irresistible little treat.
These are great for sharing and perfect for a party, as the recipe makes 16 cheesecake egg rolls and they take just a few minutes to prepare.
Why You’ll Love These Dessert Egg Rolls
Here are a few reasons we love these cherry cheesecake egg rolls.
- All the flavors of cherry cheesecake. With cherry pie filling and cream cheese, these little dessert egg rolls have all the best flavors of your favorite cherry cheesecake.
- Perfect serving size. These cheesecake egg rolls are just the right size for sharing, whether each person decides to have a few or enjoy them as part of a dessert buffet.
- Quick and easy. These take just a few minutes to prepare and you’ll only need a few ingredients too. If you can roll a burrito, you can make these cheesecake egg rolls.
These dessert egg rolls are made with just a few basic ingredients.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Sugar & cinnamon – Combined to make the cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Cream cheese – Softened so it’s easy to mix.
- Cherry pie filling – My homemade cherry pie filling is perfect for this! Cherry jam will also work.
- Vanilla – Adds some flavor to the cheesecake filling.
- Wonton wrappers – They should be 3 & 1/2 inch square.
- Butter – Helps the wontons brown in the air fryer and develop a crisp exterior.
How To Make Air Fryer Cherry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
These cherry cream cheese egg rolls come together in just a few simple steps.
(Scroll to the bottom for our easy printable recipe with the complete directions, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Make the cinnamon sugar. Combine the sugar and cinnamon then set aside.
- Make the filling. Combine the cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and vanilla.
- Fill the wonton wrappers. Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface with one corner pointing toward you. Moisten the edges with water, then place a teaspoon of the filling just below the center. Fold the bottom corner over, tucking it under the other side. Fold the corners over the filling and roll the egg roll toward the remaining corner. Repeat with all remaining egg rolls.
- Air fry. Coat both sides of all wrappers with melted butter. Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Air fry the dessert egg rolls in a single layer for 4 minutes, until crisp and browned.
- Enjoy. Immediately roll the air fried egg rolls in the cinnamon sugar, cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips and variations for these cheesecake egg rolls.
- Make sure to seal the wonton wrappers. When folding the wonton wrappers, be sure the edges are completely sealed. Otherwise, the filling will just leak out in the air fryer.
- Air fry in batches if necessary. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook these in a few batches. You want to put them in a single layer, with space between them for the air to circulate.
- Try a different pie filling. Not a fan of cherry? Try blueberry pie filling or apple pie filling. Other types of jam will work as well.
- Use powdered sugar. You can swap the cinnamon sugar for a powdered sugar topping if desired.
Video: Cherry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Enjoy your cherry cheesecake egg rolls warm – but give them a chance to cool off first. 5 to 10 minutes is the perfect amount of time to let them cool, so you can still enjoy them warm without burning your tongue. (It also allows the filling to set a bit so it doesn’t spill everywhere.)
If you’re feeling extra decadent, you can also add a scoop of ice cream or some whipped cream when serving.
These cherry cheesecake egg rolls are best served immediately. However, if you do have leftovers, here’s how to store them.
- Fridge. Store leftover dessert egg rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Note that the cinnamon sugar will likely “melt” from the moisture.
- Reheat. Pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until completely reheated.
More Air Fryer Desserts:
Air Fryer Cherry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup cherry jam or cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 16 wonton wrappers (3 & 1/2-inch square)
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and vanilla.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you. Moisten edges with a touch of water. Spoon 1 full teaspoon of the cherry filling just below the center of the wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling, tucking it under on the other side.Fold side corners over the filling and roll egg roll toward the remaining corner (basically like a tiny burrito.)
- Repeat with all the wonton wrappers and filling, then coat both sides of all the wrappers with the melted butter.
- Preheat your air fryer for a couple minutes to 400F.
- Working in batches, arrange egg rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook until crisp and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Remove egg rolls from the basket and immediately roll them in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes, then enjoy!