These Grasshopper Parfaits are rich, creamy, quick, no-bake, and crazy delicious! Fun for St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas, spring time, or any time!
Hey heeeey! Happy Saturday! I’m about to take my kiddos shoe shopping (also known as “come home with all the slime supplies and Lego sets, but no shoes” shopping.) But before we head out, I wanted to share these Grasshopper Parfaits with you. I made them yesterday. Needless to say, they’re awesome.
Not shocking, though since 1) I adapted them from my popular Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Parfaits which are huge family favorite, and 2) one of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and mint. Because…YUM.
Ever had Grasshopper Pie? If you love that, you will love these parfaits too. Granted, I made a few alterations. Traditional Grasshopper pie is made with marshmallows, creme de menthe liqueur, and creme de cocoa. I went with cream cheese and peppermint extract (to keep it kid-friendly.)
There are actually a couple fun ways you could change this up and still keep the same look and refreshing flavor – omit the extract and substitute the regular Oreos for Mint Creme Oreos. Or ditch the Oreos entirely and use Girl Scout Thin Mints >> we just finished off our last box, so that wasn’t an option for us. *cries*
They’re rich, creamy, and light. And so easy! The green makes them fun and festive for St. Patrck’s Day, spring time, or even Christmas (don’t scoff – it’s be back before you know it!)
Make sure to watch the video and see just how easy and luscious they are!
- • 15 whole double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- • 2/3 cup heavy cream
- • 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- • 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- • 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- • 2 tablespoons whole milk
- • green food dye
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse several times until crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken; slowly add in 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar. Continue to mix until thickened and stiff peaks form. (Do not overheat or it will become thick and clumpy.) Pour into a bowl; set aside.
- In the same bowl (no need to rinse out), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Continue mixing and add in the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and milk. Beat until well combined.
- With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, until just combined.
- Add in a few drops of green food coloring and fold until no white streaks remain.
- Alternate the cheesecake mousse with the cookie crumbs in small tumbler glasses. Continue layering depending on the size of your glasses.
- Rejoice that there wasn’t any cooking involved. Serve and enjoy!
Variation #1 - omit the extract and substitute the regular Oreos for Mint Creme Oreos.
Variation #2 - omit the extract and replace the Oreos with Girl Scout Thin Mints.
Other No-Bake Treats for St. Patrick’s Day!
No Bake Shamrock Shake Cheesecake Cones – Inside BruCrew
Saint Patrick’s Day Cookie Stacks – Big Bear’s Wife