This Creamy Corn Salad embraces the summer season with fresh grilled corn, bell pepper, basil, and a creamy Italian dressing. Great for a light lunch or BBQ!
We were without internet the entire day yesterday. Not an hour. Not two hours. The entire day! #firstworldproblems I know, I know. But GAH. When you are self employed and work from home (ME!), it absolutely destroys your day.
I called Paul and he was like, “Read a book! Relax! You never relax. Or…the lawn needs to be mowed.” HA.
I didn’t do any of those things. Instead, I grilled corn and made this salad. And was reminded that I can still get work done without being online.
It’s so delicious!
- 5 ears of corn , shucked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper , diced
- 5 fresh basil leaves , julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- pinch of cayenne , or more to taste
- 1 garlic clove , finely mined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
Preheat a gas grill to high. Generously oil the grates.
Drizzle the corn with the olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides and fully tender, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool, while you prepare the rest of the salad.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste and adjust, if necessary.
Remove the kernels off the cob and place in a large bowl. Add in the bell pepper and basil. Drizzle the dressing over the top and gently mix to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
• When corn isn’t in season, you can use 5 cups frozen (defrosted) corn and cook the kernels in a saute pan.
• You can also grill the bell pepper.
• Add in the basil right before serving, if you will not be eating this right away.