This post is sponsored by Foster Farms. All opinions are my own.
Happy Monday, friends! Did you all have a great weekend?
We spent ours in the mountains at gorgeous Lake Tahoe. Oh, I envy those people who have enough money for a vacation home up there. Sigh.
Even though we had just recently enjoyed a day at the beach along the Pacific coast, the kids had no problem playing at another beach. Because…duh. Water, sand, buckets. Pure joy. Always.
We rented an adorable little home just minutes from the lake << not cheap. So I was pretty committed to preparing our meals 85% of the time, and only dining out once or twice. BUT, I also wanted to spend as much time relaxing with my feet kicked up, and not shackled to the stove.
This meant less cooking. And a lot of sandwiches.
But not just basic sandwiches.
I had the opportunity to check out Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey, which is a premium lunchmeat, containing no chemicals or preservatives, 98% fat free, with lower sodium and no nitrates or nitrites. It’s anything but basic, and truly the closest turkey lunchmeat I’ve tried that comes close to freshly carved Thanksgiving turkey, without feeling or tasting overly processed. Seriously delicious!
I added it to BLTs, made Paul’s favorite Turkey and Muenster Grilled cheese, and used it in these Turkey and Swiss Wraps for our day along the Truckee river.
Flour tortillas are coated with an incredible spicy-sweet sauce, then topped with the turkey slices, Swiss cheese, bell pepper, avocado, and alfalfa sprouts. They’re really fresh and light, perfect for a hot summer day!
Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey, Oven Roasted and Honey Roasted & Smoked flavors, are available at your neighborhood Safeway and Raley’s. And right now you can save a $1.00 off your next purchase with this coupon, found here.
Do you have a creative idea for how to dress up a turkey sandwich? Foster Farms is holding a sandwich-making contest to prove that sandwiches made with new Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey lunchmeat are anything but “basic.” The Don’t Call Me Basic contest is looking for the most creative turkey sandwich creation. The grand prize winner will receive their choice of a luxury weekend getaway for two to the gorgeous Napa Valley (another place we love to go!) or $4,000 cash. Hello.
Here are the simple steps to enter:
- Create a turkey sandwich using Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey lunchmeat and the unique ingredient combination of your choosing.
- Post a photo of your sandwich to Instagram, along with the recipe and tag @FosterFarms and #DontCallMeBasic. Make sure your profile is public!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon spicy chili sauce
- 1 scallion, diced
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 slices Foster Farms Oven Roasted Turkey
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, lime juice, sriracha, and scallion. Divide and spread the mayo mixture evenly over both tortillas, followed by the other ingredients.
- Roll up tortillas. Leave wrap whole or cut in half. Eat and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey