This post is sponsored by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are my own! #The7thMinion #CollectiveBias
Remember as a kid, opening up the cereal box and finding the toy? It was epic.
But then, all of sudden, Like BAM!, no more toys in the cereal. Those were dark days. Ha.
Well, General Mills is bringing back the fun with some Minion toys, to help celebrate the release of the Minions movie on July 10th.
Their specially marked XL Family boxes of Honey Nut Cherrios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Reese’s Puffs, Trix, Cocoa Puffs, and Golden Grahams, are exclusively at Walmart.
And inside, there’s a minion necklace.
The kids were super excited to see which ones they got. Some things never change!
Bonus, they connect. So, find all seven, and you could have a train of Minions. Or something like that.
There’s some big debate in our house which is better – Despicable Me or Despicable Me 2. But one thing is for sure – we all loved both movies, and are totally looking forward to watching the Minions venture out on their own. No doubt the kids will be begging me to buy the DVD when that comes out. AND to buy more cereal. Because, duh, gotta have the entire collection!
Since I bought several boxes, I thought I would put them to good use in some marshmallow treats.
Best way to eat cereal, ever!
Cookie Butter and White Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Treats
- 7 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cookie butter spread
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter and cookie butter. Add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Toss in the white chocolate chips and stir.
- Remove pot from the stove and fold in the Cheerios cereal until evenly coated with the marshmallow cream.
- While mixture is still warm, transfer to the prepared pan and press it into a compact, even layer.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!