This Easy Apple Cake is mildly sweet with a dreamy cream cheese glaze. It’s perfect for any holiday or Sunday brunch when you have a crowd.
According to my mother, I owe you all an apology. Oh wait…not all of you. Just my Jewish readers. I completely ignored The New Year.
Friends, I didn’t ignore it. I knew about it in my head. Life just got in the way of life last week. Sorry! I imagine you all survived and found plenty of things to make for holiday dinner.
We celebrated late. Over the weekend. But apparently that was ok! Hmmm, Mom?
Anyway, I made an apple cake. Because Jewish holidays embrace apples, and Fall is around the corner (unless you live in Sacramento, and then Fall isn’t anywhere around the corner), so it all made sense.
This easy apple cake is wonderfully light and packed with apple and cinnamon flavors. The cake itself is not terribly sweet, but the glaze is, which gives it a perfect balance.
I served it and all was forgiven.
Watch the video for Easy Apple Cake
Easy Apple Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples ,shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
For the glaze
- 8 ounce package cream cheese ,softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously coat a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract; mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in the apples, coconut, and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 75 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool almost completely.
- Make the glaze - in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese powdered sugar until smooth. Blend in the milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan and carefully turn it out onto a stand, plate, or serving dish. Pour the glaze evenly over the top.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Other apple cake recipes you might enjoy!
Caramel Apple Sheet Cake – Belly Full
Apple Cranberry Upside Down Bundt Cake – Shugary Sweets