Candy Corn Pretzel Bark is the ultimate Halloween treat with white chocolate, candy corn, and pretzels!
I’m sitting in the doctor’s office (groan), where the selection of magazines is pathetic. PATHETIC. So, I’m reading US Weekly or one of the tabloid rags…and there’s a bunch of blurbs in there about Halloween and Halloween candy.
“Candy corn is one of the most popular Halloween treats, but very few people actually like it.”
Is this true? (Remember, this is a gossip magazine, so I am incredibly skeptical.) Why would they diss the corn?
So I took a little pole amongst the moms at school and my neighbors. US Weekly, I don’t know who’s your source, but apparently they weren’t lying. I got a thumbs down from everyone. Apparently candy corn is too sweet. Too sweet?? I know not of which you speak.
However, when I asked a bunch of Kindergartners, it was a unanimous “YES! Candy Corn is awesome!” And personally, I think a lot five and six year olds are smarter than most grown ups.
So, this Candy Corn Pretzel Bark is for the kids. And me. HA!
I prefer Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers for making this chocolate bark. I love regular white chocolate chips, but they are manufactured with additives to hold their shape, so they don’t melt as easily and also once hardened, the bark tends to soften up at room temperature.
Tips for making candy corn pretzel bark
1. Make sure your bowl and mixing tools are absolutely dry and free from any residue, otherwise your chocolate will seize and be grainy.
2. Spread the chocolate mixture pretty thin, about 1/4? thick, using an offset spatula so it’s even.
3. Have the candy corn and pretzel pieces ready, so you can add them to the melted chocolate right away before it starts to harden.
4. Refrigerate for 10 minutes right after spreading your mixture on the baking sheet to set the chocolate.
5. Resist the urge to handle the bark or break it into pieces until it’s fully hardened.
Other Halloween Treats we love!
Candy Corn Pretzel Bark is the ultimate treat for Halloween with white chocolate, candy corn, and pretzels!
- 30 ounces Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- 2 cups thin salted pretzel sticks , broken into pieces
- 2 cups candy corn
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place white chocolate wafers in a medium glass microwavable bowl and melt in the microwave for 45 seconds, then in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth and completely melted.
Stir in pretzels and candy corns until combined.
Spread mixture onto the lined baking sheet, about 1/4-inch thick.
Chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is set.
Once chocolate is completely hardened, break into pieces.
1. I prefer Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers for making this chocolate bark. I love regular white chocolate chips, but they are manufactured with additives to hold their shape, so they don't melt as easily and also once hardened, the bark tends to soften up at room temperature.
2. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to a week, or in the refrigerator for longer.
*this post contains affiliate links