This GHOST TOAST is a quick and easy breakfast or snack, perfect for Halloween time!
How cute is this?? Proof that not all Halloween food has to be sweet. (Although that is pretty much the best kind, right? Because, hello. Sugar. And chocolate.) But, you guys, I’m so smitten with this toast.
And I’m so glad I never got rid of my ghost cookie cutter, when there have been about a dozen times in the past few years I was on the verge, while purging the pantry.
This would be equally cute if you have a bat cookie cutter.
My favorite part is you have a fun breakfast or snack in less than 10 minutes!
You only need bread, butter, an egg white, and Sriracha.
Watch the video for Ghost Toast
My kids love it, of course! I think I’m just going to make Ghost Toast all year round!
- 1 slice white sandwich bread
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg white , lightly beaten
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Cut out ghost shape from the slice of bread with a 3-inch cookie cutter.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; toast bread on one side in the skillet until golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and add the egg white to the opening. Cover and cook until the egg sets, about 2-3 minutes.
- Make the eyes with dots of Sriracha. Eat immediately.
Reader Questions and Reviews
GREAT idea, but my kids are all grown and gone……..Now what?
I read the blog all the way through and no where did I see where an old lady (78) couldn’t make them for herself.
Sooooo I’m off to play with my food
I’ make Bullseye toast from my girls for breakfast, always just used a circle cutter and the cook the entire egg in the toast hole LOL using a cookie-cutter and customizing it to any holiday or celebration is a fabulous idea!
I can see number Cookie cutters for birthdays, etc. Love it.
First of all, I need a ghost cookie cutter. Second of all, is it wrong to think that these are SO CUTE.
Clever and cute.