Red, White, and Blue Muddy Buddies – 15-minute Chex Mix Muddy Buddies with a holiday flair for the 4th of July! The most delicious and addicting snack ever!
Do you call them Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow? The internet is divided. And I always spend way too much time deciding what I should label them. I went with Muddy Buddies, obviously!
The third option was to just call them Crack. Because that is essentially what they are.
I’ve never been addicted to anything, but if I was, I imagine it would feel something like how badly I want and need these little gems. The biggest lie you tell yourself is that you’ll only eat a handful. Impossible!
I’ve made so many varieties over the years – Lemon, Chai, S’mores, Birthday Cake, etc. Isn’t the red, white, and, blue fun? Perfect for get togethers this 4th of July!
- • 1 box (12 ounces) Rice Chex Cereal (about 12 cups), divided
- • 2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- • 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- • Red food gel
- • Blue food gel
- Place half of the cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, melt half the white chocolate chips and half the butter together on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave about 15- 30 more seconds, if necessary, or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in some red food gel until combined.
- Pour mixture over cereal, folding gently with a spatula (or your hands!) until evenly coated. Separate any pieces that are stuck together.
- Pour into a gallon sized re-sealable food storage plastic bag. Add half the powdered sugar, seal bag and toss gently until all the cereal is well-coated.
- Repeat the entire process with the other half of ingredients, using the blue food gel this time.
- Place both mixtures in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Try not to eat it all in one sitting! HA.
Other Muddy Buddies you might like!
Chocolate Churro Muddy Buddies – Dash Of Sanity
Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies – Brown Eyed Baker
Funfetti Cake Batter – Wine & Glue
Trail Mix Muddy Buddies – Crazy For Crust