This No-Bake Chocolate Icebox Cake is the ultimate treat with mascarpone whipped cream and Nutella whipped cream, layered with crushed chocolate graham crackers!
So, I might have gained a few pounds over the winter *cough*
But hey, a little extra insulation during the colder months, isn’t a bad thing. It’s when April rolls around and your shorts are tight, that you’re thinking “Hm. Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten four servings of that beef stew.”
My goal was to get back down to 119 before I needed to be in a swimsuit again. But it was 100 degrees yesterday, and, well, let’s just say 119 ain’t happening.
This cake. You guys.
Chocolate graham crackers are pulverized and blended with butter, than layered in-between mascarpone whipped cream and Nutella whipped cream. *fans self*
Fitting in my bathing suit < Chocolate and Nutella Cream Icebox Cake. The choice really wasn’t that hard.
- • 18 whole chocolate graham crackers
- • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- • 1 3/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- • 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese, divided
- • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 2/3 cup Nutella
- Blend the graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Add in the melted butter and blend until well combined; press 1 cup of the crumbs into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside the remaining crumbs.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of the cream, 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, and the powdered sugar, until stiff peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
- In another large bowl with the electric mixer, beat remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream and mascarpone cheese with the Nutella, until stiff peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread half of the vanilla whipped cream mixture over the crushed graham crackers in the pan, then top with 1/2 cup more graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread half of the Nutella whipped cream over the crushed graham crackers, then top with 1/2 cup more graham cracker crumbs.
- Repeat layers, ending with the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Uncover the cake and run a thin dull knife around the edge to loosen. Remove the springform ring; smooth the sides with an offset spatula if necessary. Slice and enjoy!
(adapted from Food Network)