S’mores and Kit Kats come together in these bars for one great dessert mash-up!
Have y’all been camping before? My husband and I just took our kids for the first time this past August. And actually, it was MY first time, too. (Which is crazy considering my father is a nature photographer, and growing up our summers were always filled with road trips to the national parks. My idea of camping was staying in a log cabin!)
But friends, we had so much fun. Took us three days to wash off all the dirt, but worth it! Spending time near the water, seeing deer and lizards, and being unplugged from electronics was so therapeutic. And, of course, no camping trip would be complete without S’mores.
So, I know it’s Fall now. And it’s the rainy season. And ya, nobody’s going camping anymore. But who says S’mores have to be relegated to camping?
And since Halloween is around the corner, these bars are perfect for any left-over candy you might have!
- • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 5 full sheets graham crackers, crushed
- • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 16 miniature Kit-Kat bars, crushed
- • 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla until incorporated. Add in the graham crackers, flour, salt, and baking powered until combined. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Coat the back of a spatula with nonstick spray; spread half of the dough into the pan evenly. Sprinkle the Kit-Kat pieces over the dough, followed by the marshmallows. Flatten pieces of the remaining dough and place them on top of the marshmallows.
- Baked for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let bars cool slightly before cutting and enjoy!