Ok. Wasn’t I just saying last week that I’m ready for lighter, and perhaps healthier, spring time food? I’m such a liar. But it’s unintentional. Blame my friend, Julie! She sent me this recipe and I knew immediately I had to make it. Salads were temporarily put on hold.
Like sloppy joes? Like corn bread? Then you will love this. We did. I took one bite and knew right away that I would make this often. It’s super easy, super tasty, quick, only requires one pan, inexpensive, and the kids inhaled it.
Some recipes are just meant to be made all year round. This is one of them!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (10 ounce) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 package (8.5 ounce) Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof sauté pan, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onion until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in the beef and cook, breaking it up and stirring, until no pink remains, about 4-5 minutes; drain off grease. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the soup, salsa, and ketchup until thoroughly combined.
- In the meantime, in a medium bowl, whisk together the corn muffin mix, egg, and milk. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the corn muffin mix over the beef. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until golden browned.