This Southwestern Pasta Salad is loaded with goodies and coated in a kicked up zesty southwestern dressing. It’s like a giant deconstructed taco! Great for get togethers.
Happy Sunday everyone! Late Sunday. I meant to share this recipe about two weeks ago, but I just cannot get my act together. I much prefer watching funny dog videos and hanging out in the pool with my kids. Ha. Oh, summer.
But I just realized that the 4th of July is literally days away (not prepared for that either!), and how perfect this southwestern pasta salad would be for anyone hosting a get-together. If you already have your menu planned, no worries! This is good all year long.
Everyone loves my Cowboy Pasta Salad so much, I played off of that with a Southwestern twist. I love all the different flavors and textures. It’s sort of like a giant deconstructed taco!
This is best served right away, but can be made the night before (and refrigerated.) If making ahead, omit the lettuce and tortilla chips and mix in right before serving, otherwise they get soggy.
Other Pasta Salads we love!
What the video for Southwestern Pasta Salad
Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce (1 packet) taco seasoning
- 15 ounce (1 can) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 8.75 ounces (1 can) corn kernels, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 scallions, diced
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
For the Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot Mexican chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In the meantime, cook the beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Drain off fat. Season with a little salt and pepper and stir in the taco seasoning. Set aside to cool completely.
- In an extra large bowl, make the sauce. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, Sriracha, lime juice, paprika , onion powder, chile powder, and salt until combined and smooth.
- Add in the cooked pasta, beef, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, scallions, and tortilla chips; toss to combine and coat.
- Serve right away.