Crepe-like pancakes filled with Nutella and fruit, then rolled up and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Pancakes have never been so good!
I think I might have spoiled the kids over our winter break last month a bit too much – and I’m not talking about Christmas presents. I’m talking about breakfasts!
I made something elaborate almost every morning for two weeks, including these Stuffed Pancake Rolls. Returning to school – and boring breakfasts – was no doubt depressing.
But it just makes the weekends that much sweeter. Literally.
These Pancake Rolls are loved and requested often…because YUMMY.
I first discovered Nutella six years ago when we found out Haley had a peanut allergy. It was the only good thing to come out of it.
If you’re not familiar with Nutella, it’s a super tasty unique spread made from roasted hazelnuts, skim milk, and a hint of cocoa. No artificial colors or preservatives, gluten-free, completely peanut free, and ridiculously delicious. Sometimes I hide in the pantry with the jar and a spoon, hoping nobody looks for me.
- Don’t like Nutella? That’s ok, I forgive you. Fill them with marshmallow fluff, lemon curd, or jam!
- Change up the fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries…choose your favorite.
- Omit the filling and fruit entirely and just simply roll them up, dusted with cinnamon-sugar or powdered sugar. Or drizzle them with maple syrup.
Other Pancake Recipes To Make!
How To Make This Pancake Rolls Recipe
Nutella-Stuffed Pancake Rolls
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 large strawberries , diced small
- nonstick cooking spray
- powder sugar , optional
- chopped hazelnuts , optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Heat a nonstick 10-inch pan over medium; lightly coat with cooking spray. Ladle in 1/4 cup of batter in the center of the pan. Immediately lift the pan from the burner and swirl it so the batter coats the bottom of the pan. Replace the pan on the burner and cook the pancake until the batter is just set, the top bubbles, and the underside is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula or your fingers, flip the pancake in the pan, top with one and a half tablespoons Nutella and a sprinkle of the diced strawberries. Cook until spread melts, about 1 minute.
- Carefully transfer to a cutting board; roll up. Dust with powder sugar and chopped hazelnuts, if using, and serve immediately with extra fruit on the side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan in between each pancake.
- Serve and enjoy!