Delicious and refreshing Pineapple Cucumber Salad is so easy to make and perfect for summer potlucks and backyard BBQs!
When fresh pineapple is back in season and hits the produce aisle, I’m like a moth to a flame. It’s my husband’s all-time favorite fruit, so I’m always looking for ways to incorporate it into summer recipes. This Pineapple Cucumber Salad is a standard at family functions. The fresh fruit takes center stage and it comes together in just 15 minutes!
Pineapple Cucumber Salad Recipe
Ingredients you’ll need to make this salad:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Pineapple: Use fresh fruit when in season for best flavor, but canned works, too.
- Cucumber: We use Persian cucumbers because they are of the “burpless” variety, virtually seedless, and have less water.
- Red onion: Red onion is our preference here for the nice pop of color and their mild flavor when served raw.
- Fresh cilantro: This herb really adds a wonderful flavor, but if you hate it, sub with fresh parsley.
- Rice wine vinegar: For wonderful tang and flavor.
- Honey: For sweetness and to balance out the acidity from the vinegar
- Lime juice: You’ll need fresh lime juice.
- Chili Oil: For just a little heat.
- Kosher salt: Adds flavor so the salad isn’t bland, and elevates the taste of the other ingredients.
How to Make Pineapple Cucumber Salad
It literally takes minutes to throw this salad together. Dice up the pineapple, cucumber, onion, and cilantro. Whisk together the ingredients for the simple dressing and toss to combine. Then cover and chill for 20 minuets for best flavor. Enjoy!
Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep up 3 days. When you’re ready to serve again, use a slotted spoon to avoid accumulated juices on the bottom of the bowl.
What to Serve with Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Other Summer Salad Recipes
Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced seeded Persian cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, chili oil, and salt.
- Add in the pineapple, cucumber, onion, and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give it a stir, taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Great as a summer side with grilled shrimp, chicken, or steak!