This Easy Chicken Piccata is a simple and elegant dish of lightly pan-fried chicken fillets in a rich sauce of white wine, fresh lemon juice, and capers.
If you love this recipe, check out our fish piccata, too!
Happy New Year!
Did you ring it in with champagne? Cake? A nice cozy spot on the couch?
We’re not New Year’s Eve people, really. I like to keep my chances of death to a minimum, so I prefer to stay off the roads and away from crowds. Oh wait…that’s every day.
Anyway, we usually just have a few close friends come over, or we go to their house. All in the neighborhood. Walking distance.
And that’s what we did. Adults played grown-up card games, while all the kids watched movies. I made it until 10:45.
But not before we feasted on massive amounts of bread and melted cheese.
The only alcohol I consumed was the 1/4 cup used in this Chicken Piccata recipe. I doubled it and served it as an appetizer. Is that weird? Nobody seemed to question it. They just pounced. Like wolves, really, on their prey.
Chicken Piccata Ingredients
You only need a handful of simple ingredients. (For the detailed printable recipe, scroll below.)
- Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dry white wine
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Unsalted butter
How To Make Chicken Piccata
This chicken dish looks, sounds, and taste so fancy, but is SO incredibly easy to make! Here’s is a brief summary.
- Pound out the chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Season and roast the asparagus spears in the oven, while you cook the chicken on the stovetop.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
- Coat a pan with nonstick spray, add oil, and heat over medium-high.
- Sauté chicken on both sides until golden and juices run clear. Transfer breasts to a platter.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine; add in the garlic. Cook until liquid is nearly evaporated. Add broth, lemon juice, capers, and butter.
- Once butter melts, pour sauce over chicken breasts. Garnish with lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I recommend making this for dinner before the year is over. It’s so incredibly delicious. And crazy easy. Approved and loved by all!
Other Chicken Recipes
Easy Chicken Piccata
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound asparagus , rinsed, tough ends removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- nonstick spray
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers ,drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fresh lemon slices
- chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken breasts in-between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, pound out to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the asparagus spears dry and spread them out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil all over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for about 10 minutes, until tender, but still al dente.
- In the meantime, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Coat a sauté pan with nonstick spray, add oil, and heat over medium-high. sauté for about 6 minutes on one side; flip over and sauté for another 5 minutes until cooked through, golden, and juices run clear. Transfer breasts to a platter.
- Deglaze pan with white wine; add in the garlic. Cook until liquid is nearly evaporated, about 1-2 minutes. Add broth, lemon juice, capers, and butter.
- Once butter melts, pour sauce over chicken breasts. Garnish with lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.