Quick and Easy Chinese Orange Beef Stir Fry is on the table in 25 minutes!
Paul and I both work from home. This has its perks…and its downside. But it’s been like this for so long, I barely remember a time when it wasn’t. One of the nice things is, we take a brisk walk together every morning once the kids are at school.
It’s 25 minutes of me complaining of how unproductive I’m being. And 25 minutes of him telling me to shut up and just enjoy it. HA.
No, really. We talk about upcoming movies we want to see (most of which don’t warrant theatre prices), how screwed up our government is and how much we hate politicians (which includes ALL of them), the latest standings in the MLB playoffs (my A’s are going strong!!), remodeling the house (most of which is completely unrealistic), and the funny things our kids say (because, come on, we’re parents.) Paul also shares with me useless information he found on the internet, and I bore him with recipes I want to try. We cover a lot in 25 minutes!
Last week, I told him about this orange beef I was serving for dinner, listing all the ingredients. He said, “Ah, all your favorites.”
Quick and Easy Chinese Orange Beef Stir-Fry
- zest from a small orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium or gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans , ends cut, trimmed into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin , sliced thinly with the grain and then into 2-inch wide pieces
- 2 scallions , chopped
- cooked white rice , for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ginger, and cornstarch.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the green beans and stir for about 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender. With a slotted spoon, transfer them to a large bowl. Pat the sirloin dry with paper towels; add to the pan, spreading the pieces out; let cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Toss and transfer to the bowl with the green beans.
- Give the orange juice mixture a swirl and add it to the pan; cook scraping up any brown bits, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add sirloin and green beans back into the pan, along with any accumulated juices, and the scallions; toss to coat.
- Serve over rice.
Other Stir-Fry recipes you might enjoy!
Hoisin Pork and Cashew Stir-Fry – Belly Full
Turkey Sausage and Cauliflower Stir-Fry – Belly Full
Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with Green Beans and Kale – Cookin’ Canuck
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal – Kalyn’s Kitchen