This Brazilian Carrot Cake Sheet Cake recipe is naturally sweet from carrots, fluffy, and coated with a thin layer of chocolate icing. Wonderful dessert and a nice alternative to the American carrot cake version!
Well, our perfect attendance record has come to an end. For Trevor, anyway. Haley still hasn’t missed a day ever. EVER, you guys. In seven years! And up until last week, Trevor hadn’t missed a day of school in five. Pretty incredible.
And no, I’m not one of those parents who sends their kids to school when they’re sick. I just have really healthy children. They take after Paul – immune systems made of steel.
But Trevor’s healthy streak ended last week with a 102 fever. Poor guy. Never lost his appetite though!
After four days of chicken noodle soup and my efforts to get vegetables in him, he was like, “Mom! Can I please have something else with carrots?!”
So I made cake. I am nothing if not resourceful. Lol.
Ya, I know it’s not healthy. But whatever. When your nine-year-old calls you over on day three of being relegated to the couch and says, “Mom. Thank you for taking care of me. I know you have work to do. I love you.” YOU MAKE YOUR KID A CAKE.
Now, just with a little head cold, he’s way better and back at school. Spirits high. And looking forward to coming home…because we all loved this Brazilian Carrot Sheet Cake so much that I made it again over the weekend. And there’s still a little left waiting for him.
We still love classic American carrot cake, of course! But this Brazilian Carrot Cake is such a wonderful alternative. A new family favorite, for sure!
Other carrot cake recipes you might like!
Watch the video for Brazilian Carrot Cake
Brazilian Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
- 2 cups peeled sliced carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 15x10 pan with non-stick spray, making sure to get in the corners and sides.
- Place carrots, eggs, and oil in a food processor (or blender) and puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugar and pulse to combine. Add dry ingredients and gently stir with rubber spatula and then blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- To make glaze combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds and then in 10 second intervals, if necessary, until melted; stir until smooth and glossy. Pour over cake and allow to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.
adapted from Our Best Bites