This Southwestern Pasta Salad is loaded with goodies and coated in a kicked up zesty southwestern dressing. It’s like a giant deconstructed taco! Great for get togethers.
Happy Sunday everyone! Late Sunday. I meant to share this recipe about two weeks ago, but I just cannot get my act together. I much prefer watching funny dog videos and hanging out in the pool with my kids. Ha. Oh, summer.
But I just realized that the 4th of July is literally days away (not prepared for that either!), and how perfect this pasta salad would be for anyone hosting a get-together. If you already have your menu planned, no worries! This is good all year long.
Everyone loves my Cowboy Pasta Salad so much, I played off of that with a Southwestern twist. I love all the different flavors and textures. It’s sort of like a giant deconstructed taco!
Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce (1 packet) taco seasoning
- 15 ounce (1 can) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 8.75 ounces (1 can) corn kernels, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 scallions, diced
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
For the Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot Mexican chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In the meantime, cook the beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Drain off fat. Season with a little salt and pepper and stir in the taco seasoning. Set aside to cool completely.
- In an extra large bowl, make the sauce. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, Sriracha, lime juice, paprika , onion powder, chile powder, and salt until combined and smooth.
- Add in the cooked pasta, beef, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, scallions, and tortilla chips; toss to combine and coat.
- Serve right away.
Other Pasta Salads you might enjoy!
Italian Chopped Salad – Belly Full
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad – Belly Full
Easy Greek Pasta Salad – Spend with Pennies
Shrimp Pasta Salad – Wine and Glue