These Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars are everyone’s favorite snickerdoodle cookie in bar form. Chewy, buttery, and cinnamon-y. Good luck only eating one!
The difference between a blondie and a bar…do you know? I spent more time trying to find out, than it actually took me to make these. Seriously, what was life before Google?? Ha.
What is the difference between a blondie and a bar
Consensus seems to be that:
1. If you could scoop the dough and make cookies, then it’s a cookie bar.
2. A blondie doesn’t include any chips or add-ins.
3. If the butter is melted first, before mixing with the sugar, then it’s a blondie.
4. Blondies are made with only brown sugar. NO white sugar.
So, up until #4, I was certain these were blondies. But, I do use brown sugar AND white sugar. So, bars it is!
It doesn’t really matter. Just make them! If you love Snickerdoodle cookies, or really anything with cinnamon and sugar, these are a must!
other dessert bars we love!
watch the video to see how they’re made
Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- Place butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave on high for a minute, and then in 20 seconds intervals (if necessary) until melted, making sure it doesn’t boil. Add in shortening, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with a handheld mixer until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Continue to mix until well blended. (Batter will be thick.)
- Using a spatula, transfer batter to the prepared dish and spread it out evenly. Mix together the 1/8 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook completely before separating from the parchment paper. Cut into bars and enjoy!