Create a fun and varied Hot Dog Bar with all your favorite add-ons for the best summer grilling party!
When the Little League season ended last month, I was so happy to regain our Saturdays. But sad for Trevor because he loves baseball so much.
And also incredibly sad for me, because I loved the snack shack so much. Lol.
They always had the most interesting ice cream flavors, fresh popcorn…and the best grilled hot dogs. They used Ball Park Park’s Finest, including Signature Seasoned, Slow Cooked Hickory, Cracked Dijon Mustard, Slow Cooked Chili, and Jalapeño Cheddar.
Made me think how great it would be to create a Hot Dog Bar for summer gatherings.
And I did just that! With a revolving door of friends on the 4th of July, this was a super fun way to feed everyone and not break my back.
Tips for a smooth party
- Plan out your menu a week ahead of time and prep any “dry” ingredients the day before.
- Buy a little bit more food than you need – you never know who’s going to want seconds.
- Consider your guests’ different dietary needs, and make sure you have options for them.
- If your grill uses propane, have an extra tank on hand. Nothing worse than running out of propane!
- Get some cute little hot dog baskets and liners!
- Don’t forget to buy ice for the cooler. (I’ve never done that *cough*)
- Have fun with it – they’re just hot dogs! HA.
some hot dog bar combinations
There are so many different flavor and texture combinations for a fun hot dog bar. These are just a few ideas. Get creative!
Hawaiian – grilled pineapple, grilled red onion, cayenne pepper
Mexican – grilled corn, soft cotija cheese, jalapeño peppers
BLT – bacon, lettuce, tomato
Reuben – sauerkraut, shredded swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing
Taco – ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa
West Virginian – chili, coleslaw, mustard
And, of course, nothing beats just classic ketchup and mustard!
Another fun way to serve hot dogs is by spiral grilling them! It’s easy to do and creates more surface area to caramelize. Delicious!
There’s nothing like summer grilling!
*this post contains affiliate links