22 pounds, you guys. Paul has lost 22 pounds in six weeks from running every day and watching what he eats. No crazy diet fads or pills. Just routine, hard work, and portion control.
(Alternatively, I think I’ve gained 2 pounds from eating white chocolate chips every day. But this isn’t about me. *cough*)
Me: When you achieve a goal, you’re supposed to reward yourself, right?
Paul: I need a new wrist band for my watch.
Me: um, really? That’s sad. Think bigger.
Paul: how about a Tag Heuer watch, instead of the wrist band?
Me: uuuum. Think smaller!
Paul: something gooey. With butter.
There are a few food items he deeply loves. A sloppy burger, beer, anything dill, and pineapple. Not necessary together. Because…ew. Although it is Paul, so I wouldn’t put it past him.
I went with the pineapple. And I gave him gooey. With butter. And he loved every single bite. And then said, “don’t ever make that again.” HA.
This monkey bread is so good!
Pina Colada Monkey Bread
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk , divided
- 1/2 tablespoon rum + a splash more
- 1 tube (16 ounce) Pillsbury Homestyle Original Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (8 ounce) canned crushed pineapple, drained and divided
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts , divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, 2 tablespoons coconut milk, and 1/2 tablespoon of rum until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Separate biscuits and cut each one into quarters.
- Gently dip half of the biscuit pieces into the butter mixture, then roll in the granulated sugar and place in prepared bundt pan. Evenly Sprinkle half of the pineapple and half of the nuts over the top. Repeat a second layer with the remaining biscuits pieces, pineapple, and nuts.
- Bake until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool 5 minutes in pan. Carefully invert monkey bread onto a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons coconut milk, and a splash of rum until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the warm bread. Serve warm and enjoy!