These Simple Sesame Noodles are light, but filling. Awesome sesame flavor and zing from chili oil. Ready in only 20 minutes and can be served warm or cold.
So lately I’ve got the blahs. A case of the Mondays. That pretty much last every single day.
I’m severely mourning summer coming to an end. And we’ve been out of Pretzel M&Ms for over a week now. I might as well jump off a bridge.
So, you know what this means? It means Amy is about to do something extreme.
Because, Dear readers, I don’t know middle of the road. And when I’m uninspired, I look for something to kick my butt.
I am a doer.
A doer who doesn’t always think clearly.
So, while the rest of the food blogging community is about to participate in Project Food Blog for a chance at $10,000
I’m about to start this….
I’m already tired just thinking about it.
And hungry. For pasta. Because pasta is my friend in times of excess lunging, jumping, and screaming for mercy.
This is light, yet very filling. And every bite has the wonderful flavor of sesame oil, with just a hint of zing from the chili oil. It’s so incredibly easy and good, that there really isn’t any excuse not to make it. Unless you’re insane. In which case, want to sign up for this workout program with me?
I’m starting next Monday. Giddy Up!
Simple Sesame Noodles
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 cloves garlic ,minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 scallions ,diced
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Salt water and cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk all other ingredients (except green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with scallions and toss again.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
Other sesame flavored recipes you might enjoy!
Honey Sesame Dressing – Belly Full
Asian Pork Meatballs – Belly Full