This classic broccoli salad with almonds, grapes, dried cherries, and bacon, will be your go-to for every potluck!
My friend, Nicole, made this for me years ago. Ever since then it’s been my “go-to” salad whenever we have a large group over or are invited someplace where there will be a lot of people. And everyone always asks for the recipe.
I love the crunchiness of the broccoli, the nutty flavor from the almonds, and the sweetness from the grapes and dried cherries. There’s very little bacon, so it can easily be left out for a vegetarian side.
It’s so good, you go back for second and third helpings. And are bummed when there isn’t any left for the next day.
Since originally making it, and the introduction of Pinterest, I’ve seen a ton of different variations. But this is still my favorite.
- • 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- • 2 cups of red grapes, sliced in half
- • 1 cup sliced almonds
- • 1 cup dried cranberries, cherries, or raisins
- • 6 scallions, chopped
- • 1/3 cup cooked chopped bacon pieces
- • 1 cup mayonnaise
- • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- • 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Pour mayo mixture over broccoli mixture and combine well.
- Chill for a few hours and serve.