A couple of weeks ago we had a group of friends over, and I joked that now since we have a pool, it will be the coldest Sacramento summer ever.
My friend Randy, who has a very dry and wicked sense of humor, just looked at me with a subtle smile, shook his head, and said in a low, calm voice, “Oh, don’t worry. It’s coming.”
And then Monday it was 104 degrees. In the beginning of June.
Yep, right on task for a Sacramento summer.
While everyone else is groaning and hating it though, I love it. It just makes swimming that much more fun!
These Watermelon-Prosciutto Bites are a favorite with the kids. I doubled the batch yesterday…and we ate every last one.
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 8 slices prosciutto, cut lengthwise into thirds, then folded accordian-style
- 24 Ciliegine (small fresh mozzarella balls/pearls)
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Lime juice, optional
- Thread one of each watermelon cube, prosciutto, and mozzarella ball onto toothpicks. Sprinkle with a touch of pepper and spritz of lime, if desired.