Another lemon recipe! I know, big shocker. I need a lemon category.
Only six ingredients to make this, friends. And I’m willing to bet you already have them all on hand.
What’s funny is, I found this dish on my friend Nicole’s Facebook page…and she hates to cook! I guess one could argue this is barely cooking, though.
I took pictures of the chicken whole, but then decided to shred it. Served it over rice with peas for a complete meal. So good. And easy!
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and lightly dredge them in flour.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan over medium-high. Cook chicken for 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over each breast. Pour the lemon juice and chicken broth over the top. Place the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Leave chicken whole or shred with two forks. Serve over rice with the lemon broth.