Ready to meet my new boyfriend? He came in like a tornado and swept me off my feet.
Omg, this pudding. I’ve been eating it every single day for a month.
Honestly, I’d never even heard of chia seeds until I saw this recipe. But I was immediately intrigued because of the other ingredients, and my constant quest to find something in the mornings other than cereal and bagels.
Chia seeds are…well, seeds. They actually look like bird food. And they plump up when absorbed with liquid. Apparently, they are packed full of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. So hooray for the chia seed! You can find them at most health food stores or even the bulk bins at your local market.
Anyway, I had my reservations about this pudding – it’s not the sugary sweet that I usually love. But t’s certainly not devoid of all sweetness because of the maple syrup. It’s mellow and a little tangy. It’s just…perfect.
Just a 1/2 cup with the strawberries and almonds is really filling. I actually don’t even dole it out to the family, but rather keep the entire bowl in the fridge, and enjoy one serving for myself each day. On the fourth night I make enough for four more days.
After the second week of making this, I realized it was going to be a lifelong commitment. So I bought an entire pound of chia seeds. And another OXO container to house them in.
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk (I used SILK)
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until just combined. Whisk in the chia seeds. Let stand 30 minutes. Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, toss the berries and remanning 1 tablespoon maple syrup in a medium bowl; mix in the almonds.
- Spoon the pudding into 4 bowls or tumblers; place berry mixture on top and serve.