This Orange Creamsicle Shirley Temple puts a new, delicious twist on a classic Shirley Temple drink, perfect for sipping all summer long. You only need 3 simple ingredients plus some garnishes to make this sweet, creamy, refreshing treat in minutes!
Orange Creamsicle Shirley Temple Drink
It’s no secret how much we love the flavors of a Shirley Temple drink and orange creamsicle popsicles, so I had fun this past weekend combining the two into this spectacular tasting Orange Creamsicle Shirley Temple.
Cream soda (along with root beer) doesn’t seem to get much attention, but today it does! Mixed with orange soda, grenadine, and topped with some whipped cream, you will be enjoying this drink all summer long.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this drink:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements)
- Cream soda – This has a wonderful vanilla flavor based on the taste of ice cream. I typically buy the IBC brand, but use your favorite!
- Orange soda – Mixed with the cream soda to mimic the orange creamsicle flavor we know and love.
- Grenadine syrup – Grenadine is pomegranate juice that’s sweetened with sugar – so basically, pomegranate syrup. It is purely non-alcoholic and totally safe for kids.
- Garnishes – Whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and an orange slice.
- Make it a float! Include a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra creamy, rich treat.
- Use maraschino cherry juice. Maraschino cherry juice is an ok substitute for grenadine, if preferred.
- Make it boozy. Add in some rum or vodka for a grown-up drink.
How to Make a Creamsicle Shirley Temple Drink
It’s so easy to make this drink by simply pouring the three liquids over ice in a tall glass. Pipe whipped cream on top and garnish with a maraschino cherry and orange slice. Serve immediately and don’t forget the fun straws! To make this creamsicle drink, scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.
We like to top the drink with homemade whipped cream and finish with a simple garish by threading a cherry through an orange slice with a toothpick. These floats need to be served immediately while the soda is still fizzy and before the whipped cream melts.
More Summer Drinks:
- Shirley Temple Ice Cream Float
- Boba Tea
- Homemade Lemonade
- Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Mexican Horchata
- Strawberry Sweet Tea
Orange Creamsicle Shirley Temple
- crushed ice cubes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream soda (regular or diet)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) orange soda (regular or diet)
- 2 teaspoons grenadine syrup
- whipped cream , for topping
- 1 or 2 maraschino cherries , for garnish
- orange slice , for garnish
- Fill a tall glass 1/2 way with crushed ice cubes.
- Pour in cream soda, orange soda, and grenadine. Give the mixture a gentle stir.
- Pipe the top with cold fresh whipped cream.
- Thread a cherry through an orange slice with a toothpick and garnish along with another single stemmed cherry.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a straw.