These Cheesecake Marble Squares are the perfect combination of a brownie, cheesecake, and chocolate cake. Pure Heaven!
Chocolate Cake Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Marbled Cheesecake Bars, you guys. My mom introduced this dessert to the family when I was in high school. We would be served one and then they would mysteriously end up in the freezer, only to make another appearance a couple times a year. It was tragic!
This dessert is the best combination of a brownie, chocolate cake, and cheesecake. It’s cakey and creamy, chocolatey and rich, but not overly sweet. Each bite is just so good!
Here’s what you’ll need to make them.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for all the measurements and details.)
- Cream cheese – Softened to room temperature, so it’s easy to blend.
- Sour cream – Adds a slight tang to the dessert, but also make the crumb nice and creamy.
- Sugar – For sweetness.
- Eggs – Provides structure to the batter.
- Butter – Adds richness.
- Chocolate chips – These get added to the filling and sprinkled on top before baking.
- All-purpose flour – Spooned and leveled to avoid excess batter, which could results in a dry crumbly cake.
- Baking soda – A leavening agent that gives the dessert lift and helps create the tender crumb.
- Kosher salt – Just a pinch so the flavors aren’t flat.
- Storing leftovers. Leftovers can be kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- To freeze. To extend their life even further, you can freeze them. Wrap in plastic wrap and again in foil, then transfer to an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 1 month. When ready to thaw, allow them to come to room temperature before unwrapping to prevent them from drying out.
More Chocolate Desserts:
Cheesecake Marble Squares
- 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar , divided
- 3 large eggs , divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour a 15×10-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the sugar until well blended. Beat in 1 egg and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, water, and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to medium, stirring until butter is melted and chocolate is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, remaining 2 cups of sugar, baking soda, and salt. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in the sour cream and remaining 2 eggs; stir until completely combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture all over the batter. Cut through batter with a knife up vertically and then across horizontally for a marble effect.
- Bake for 15 minutes and them sprinkle the surface with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Place back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and then cut into squares.