Cranberry-Almond Chocolate Bark is a quick and easy dessert made with only 5 simple ingredients. It’s no bake and a fantastic last minute treat for holiday parties and edible gifts!
No bake treats are not just a lifesaver in the hot summer when you don’t want to turn on your oven, but also a great option during holiday season. And chocolate bark is at the top of the list because of its ease, taste, and endless possibilities.
Wedges of chocolate bark are super easy to make, incredibly versatile, and simply delicious. For this bark, semi-sweet and white chocolate is studded with almonds, dried cranberries, and a little sea salt. It’s a delicious sweet and salty combination and perfect for any holiday cookie tray.
Chocolate Bark Recipe
Chocolate bark couldn’t be easier to make, then break it up into whatever size pieces to suit your needs. For this chocolate bark recipe, all you need are 5 ingredients:
- Chocolate candy melts
- Vanilla candy melts
- Roasted almonds
- Dried cranberries
- Sea salt
How to Make Chocolate Bark
Here’s a summary of the simple steps needed to make this bark (Scroll down for the detailed printable recipe card.)
- Melt chocolate candy melts according to package directions until smooth and completely melted.
- Stir in chopped almonds and craisins until combined.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Melt white vanilla candy melts according to package directions, then drizzle over the chocolate-almond mixture.
- Run a dull knife through the chocolate in a swirling motion to create a marble looking effect.
- Chill until set and hardened, then break into pieces and enjoy!
Candy Melts vs White Chocolate Chips: I prefer Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers or Wilton candy melts for making most bark. As much as I love regular white chocolate chips, they are manufactured with additives to hold their shape, so they don’t melt as easily and also once hardened, the bark tends to soften at room temperature. If you prefer using regular white chocolate, I recommend combining it with some coconut oil, which will help thicken it up and harden faster. It’s basically how yummy Magic Shell is made. You’ll need about 1 tablespoon coconut oil per 1 cup of chocolate.
Variations: add in some crushed up pretzels or top with sprinkles. You can also vary the nut if you don’t like almonds.
Breaking it up in to pieces: I like the rustic look of uneven pieces, so I simply break the bark up with my hands. But you can also cut the bark into perfect squares with straight edges, if you prefer. To do this, place the blade of a sharp knife in hot water for 30 seconds, then dry the blade and place it against the bark to score the sections. Allow the heat of the blade melt a line into the bark, then cut.
How to Store Chocolate Bark
Store pieces in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week, in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for about 1 month.
This no bake treat is not only easy and delicious, but it makes a wonderful edible gift if you can part with any of it! Try stacking pieces between some parchment paper and tying them with a bow. So pretty!
Watch it Being Made
Other No Bake Holiday Candy
Cranberry-Almond Chocolate Bark
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate candy melts
- 1 1/2 cups white candy melts
- 1/2 cup whole roasted almonds , chopped (plus an extra tablespoon or so for topping)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (plus an extra tablespoon or so for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions, stirring until melted and smooth. Add in the almonds and cranberries and stir to combine. Spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place white candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions. Drizzle over the chocolate/almond mixture.
- Cut through the chocolate mixture with a knife in a swirling motion to create a marble looking effect.
- Sprinkle a little chopped almonds and cranberries over the top before chocolate sets.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour (or freezer for about 20 minutes) or until set. Break into pieces and enjoy!