Scoops of homemade chili in hollowed out small dinner rolls, then baked and served with your favorite toppings! You can eat your chili and the bowl, too!
By the time winter ends, I would guess my family will have consumed our weight in my easy chili. I make it a lot! Because of this, I’m always thinking of new ways to serve it, whether that be different toppings, or in this case, what to serve it in.
I’ve often said that the only thing better than delicious prepared food, is when it’s served in an edible container! Like lettuce wraps, stuffed peppers, and definitely soup (or chili) in bread bowls. Amiright?
If you’ve already got your chili cooked, these literally take minutes to put together. (Scroll down for the complete printable recipe.)
How To Make Bread Bowl Chili
- Carve out a hole in the top of small (sturdy) dinner rolls, then hollow out to form bowls.
- Fill the bowls with prepared chili.
- Top with shredded cheese of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the chili is warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- Top with your favorites like diced red onion, sliced pickled jalapenos, corn chips, or sour cream.
This bread bowl chili recipe is a super easy, hearty, no fuss meal. Great for a fresh batch of chili or leftovers, on a small scale for the family, or a crowd for game day parties. A chili bar with all the fixin’s would be super fun.
So ditch the crackers and use a mini bread bowl to deliver the goods!
Other Recipes to serve in a Bread Bowl
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Mini Bread Bowl Chili
- 6 cups prepared chili , warmed up if using leftovers
- 6 small (sturdy) dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced pickled jalapenos, diced red onion, corn chips, and sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a hole in the top of the dinner rolls; hollow out to form bowls (leaving the outer edge and bottom intact.) Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Scoop chili into the bread bowls. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in the oven until warmed through and the cheese has melted, 10-15 minutes
- Serve right away with your choice of toppings.