These Big Mac Tacos feature all of the flavors of your favorite McDonald’s burger converted into a fun taco. Enjoy with fries and a shake for an easy lunch or dinner everyone will love!
Love the flavors of a Big Mac, but not the carbs? Try our Big Mac Salad – all the same great taste, but without the bun!
Fun & Easy Big Mac Tacos
There’s just something about a Big Mac! They have long been one of my favorite fast food menu items since I was a kid when going to McDonald’s was a special treat. These days, when I’m not hitting the drive thru, I love replicating the flavors of this double decker burger at home.
These Big Mac Tacos are another fun twist on the classic McDonald’s Big Mac, just like my Big Mac Salad. They’re made with sesame seed buns formed into tacos, seasoned ground beef, sweet onion, pickles, and shredded lettuce – just like the classic burger. Then they’re drizzled with a homemade Big Mac sauce.
These Big Mac tacos feature all your favorite McDonald’s Burger toppings plus the zesty “secret sauce.”
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Mayonnaise – Light mayonnaise makes up the base of the Big Mac sauce.
- Sweet onion – Sweet onions are used in both the dressing and the tacos.
- Ketchup – Along with the mayo, this creates the tangy-sweet-creamy base for the dressing.
- Yellow mustard – For some zing!
- Sweet pickle relish – Adds a little sweetness and texture.
- White vinegar – You can also use dill pickle juice or lemon juice.
- Spices – Sweet paprika and salt are used in the dressing while salt, pepper, and garlic powder season the ground beef.
- Hamburger buns – I used sesame seed buns as that’s what McDonald’s uses for their burgers but regular hamburger buns work too.
- American cheese – Kraft American cheese singles. Yep, the fake cheese.
- Ground beef – Use a lean ground beef like 80/20.
- Dill pickles – A classic Big Mac topping.
- Iceberg lettuce – Gotta have crunchy shredded iceberg lettuce!
How to Make Big Mac Tacos
Here’s how to make these fun McDonald’s-inspired burger tacos.
(Don’t miss the detailed printable recipe card below.)
- Prepare the Big Mac sauce. Combine all of the ingredients. Cover and chill.
- Prepare the buns. Roll out each bun half to flatten. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer, topped with the cheese slices.
- Cook the ground beef. Spray a pre-heated pan with nonstick spray. Cook the ground beef for 1 minute, undisturbed, to give it some char. Then break into tiny crumbles and cook until no pink remains. Drain the grease then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Melt the cheese. Bake the buns for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Assemble the tacos. Stand the warm buns up side by side on a plate. Top with ground beef, lettuce, onion, and pickles. Drizzle the sauce on top.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips and variations for these fun tacos.
- Use tortillas instead of buns. If you want these to be a bit more like classic tacos, swap the buns for flour tortillas. Sprinkle on a few sesame seeds to keep the flavor when you assemble the tacos.
- Homemade Big Mac sauce alternative. Our homemade Thousand Island Dressing can be used in place of the Big Mac sauce, if desired. The taste is very close IMHO.
- Use a taco holder. To help form the buns into a taco shape and keep them upright, try placing them in a taco holder tray.
What to Serve with Burger Tacos
These Big Mac Burger Tacos make a fun lunch or dinner, though you can serve them as an appetizer too. You can enjoy them as a light meal on their own or serve them with your favorite crispy French fries and a McDonald’s shake! Onion rings would be a tasty alternative to fries too.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Once assembled, Big Mac Tacos should be served immediately. However, the Big Mac dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. Leftover taco meat can also be stored in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days and reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop. I recommend baking the burger buns just before serving and assembling.
More Easy Taco Recipes:
- Fish Stick Tacos
- Fried Shrimp Tacos
- Salsa Verde Beef Tacos
- Sloppy Joe Baked Tacos
- Grilled Fish Tacos
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Big Mac Tacos
FOR THE BIG MAC SAUCE
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar (or dill pickle juice or lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE TACOS
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns , split
- 8 American cheese singles
- nonstick spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 sweet onion , finely diced
- 2 dill pickles , diced very small
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the sauce: combine all the ingredients until incorporated. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each hamburger bun half to flatten. Transfer them on a large baking sheet in a single layer, then top each one with a slice of cheese. Set aside.
- Warm a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with nonstick spray and add the ground beef. Cook, undisturbed for 1 minute, so it can develop some char. Then sauté, breaking it up into tiny crumbles, until cooked through and no pink remains. Drain off the grease, then season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pop the flattened buns into the oven for 5 to 10 minute just so the cheese can melt.
- Assemble the tacos: Cradle the warmed buns and line them up side by side on a plate to help them stand up (or stick them on a taco tray holder.) Top the melted cheese with some ground beef, followed by lettuce, onion, and pickles. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the sauce on top.