These Baked Salami Mozzarella Bites are a super easy and tasty appetizer, perfect for any get together!
There is much joy when I get to cross stuff off a to-do list. Sometimes I get so excited, I put two lines through the item. Oh, yes I do! Sometimes I even write things on a list that I’ve already accomplished, just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off. Can you imagine?!
There is also much joy when I try a recipe I’ve had printed out, and thus removing it from my ever-growing stack. Pinterest is not helping this situation. With everything I’ve book marked in the last week, my folder will never get smaller. Ever. This is very troubling.
Pinterest is such a black hole.
And I love these Salami Mozzarella Bites. One of the first items I noticed from my friend Sherrill’s board. Although I altered them. Added salami, omitted the salt, made them bite size.
Crispy on the outside and gooey cheese on the inside. So good! If salami is not your thing, try pepperoni.
Watch the video for Salami Mozzarella Bites
Other Appetizers we love!
Baked Salami Mozzarella Bites
- 8 sticks mozzarella string cheese ,cut in half, lengthwise, and then cut in half again, crosswise
- 32 square wonton wrappers
- 32 rounds of salami
- olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- pizza, marinara, or spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of salami near the bottom corner of the wonton wrapper, then lay a piece of string cheese on top of that. Wrap tightly like a burrito, by folding the bottom corner over cheese, rolling one turn, folding sides in, and continue to roll (making sure the cheese is secure to prevent leaking.) Moisten remaining corner with water to seal.
- Repeat process with all the wonton wrappers; place on the baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden; turn and bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choosing and enjoy!