Creamy Delicatessen Fruit Salad – a creamy and luscious fruit salad that is perfect for summer and potlucks!
You know that delicious fruit salad you get at your local delicatessen? This is it!
Well, maybe. I don’t know for sure, but this reminds me of it.
When we lived in Minneapolis, we used to frequent a place called Cecils in Highland Park. They had the best Knishes and Hamantaschen. And fruit salad. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – maybe because it tastes like dessert!
The dressing is creamy and sweet, reminiscent of Ambrosia recipes, but minus the marshmallows and Cool Whip. It’s so good! I made a batch just for the four of us and we polished it off the same day. But hey, fresh fruit…so no guilt, right?
- 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 medium sweet apples (I prefer Pink Lady or Honeycrisp), cubed
- 1 cup green grapes , cut in half
- 1 cup red grapes , cut in half
- 1 can (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits or chunks in 100% juice, drained
- 1 can (11 ounce) mandarin oranges, drained
In a large bowl, whisk (or beat with an electric mixer) together the cream cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, and sugar until combined and smooth. Add in the apples, both grapes, and pineapple; toss to coat. Add in the mandarin oranges and gently fold in with a spatula.
Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.