No-Bake Almond Joy Snack Bites – small and portable, these easy 6 ingredient almond butter snack bites are sweetened with coconut and chocolate chips. Full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. And no cooking required!
This “Flavor Your Adventure” post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands I love and make Very Culinary possible!
People who only know about California for its sunshine, amazing produce, and inflated housing costs, probably think that San Francisco or Los Angeles is the capitol city. But it’s actually Sacramento. Also referred to by its many residents as the “largest truck stop in the state.”
Surrounded by flat, dry farm land, a tiny downtown with not much of a skyline, a horrible professional basketball team, and two hours from everything, one would think it leaves little to be desired.
BUT, we love it here. We can make fun of it, but you can’t. Ha.
Napa Valley wine country, the mountains of Lake Tahoe, and San Francisco are all within reach.
Every time we visit those places, it’s like a little adventure.
Saturday, the Pacific ocean called. And we answered.
Another six hours on a plane and we’d be in Hawaii! *cries*
But this was juuuuust fine.
Trevor found a log that kept him occupied for an hour.
And some seaweed rope.
And a girl about their age asked if they wanted to play.
So, they were besties for the day.
Kids are so great in that way.
Our truck looked like we were going away for a week. But hey, the beach requires towels, change of clothes, lawn chairs, a tent, and snacks. A lot of snacks.
Everyone got one of these almond coconut snack bites before we hit the road. And the kids asked for another the entire ride there. We polished off the remaining 18 at the beach.
I think this was Haley’s 5th.
I made another batch yesterday – they’re also a great energy boost for before or after a run. I just have to control myself because I, alone, could devour all 22. So good!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup Blue Diamond lightly salted almonds
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a dash of sea salt
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave almond butter for about 15-20 seconds until softened.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds and chocolate chips until there are no more large chunks. Add the almond butter and process until smooth. Add in 1 cup of the coconut, vanilla, and a dash of sea salt; pulse a few more times to combine.
- Scoop out mixture using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop; roll into balls. Then roll them in the remaining 3/4 cup coconut flakes.
- Place on a baking sheet and refrigerator for about 15 minutes to harden. Transfer any uneaten bites to a lidded container and store in the refrigerator.