We affectionally refer to these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites as Chicken Candy. You’ll have to force yourself to share, they’re so good. Perfect appetizer for game day!
Let’s imagine for a minute we didn’t have fingers.
We wouldn’t be able to draw, type, play piano, give a scalp massage, point, snap, finger paint, scratch our nose (“it was a scratch, not a pick” – name that show!), learn sign language, twiddle our thumbs, flip someone off, or tie a bow.
And what would become of finger food? *shudder*
My BBQ Chicken Drumettes will always be eaten with pure enjoyment, and remain a favorite around here. But I’m afraid they cannot hold the title of “pieces of chicken candy” anymore.
There’s a new sheriff in town.
These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites? These are little pieces of chicken candy. Good God, they are so good. SO. GOOD. Sweet, salty, spicy, bite-sized pieces of YUM.
I’m pretty sure they’re meant as an appetizer. But I’m known for serving appetizers for dinner (and sometimes even using paper towels instead of napkins. Crazy!) Considering my kidlets know how to eat with their mouths closed, and say “please” and “thank you,” my unorthodox meal time rituals can’t be causing too much harm.
Other game day appetizers you might enjoy!
Watch the Video for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts ,cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound sliced bacon ,cut into thirds
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or 1/4 tsp for more kick)
Tools you will need
- baking sheet
- cooling rack
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet pan with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Generously coat the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the chicken with a little salt to taste; wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken cube and secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge the wrapped chicken in the brown sugar mixture.
- Place the chicken pieces on the rack and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp.
- Serve immediately and force yourself to share!