SKILLET BEANS AND RICE WITH KIELBASA – rice, pinto beans, and smoky pork kielbasa is combined for a delicious and quick one-pan meal!
Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had a good weekend.
Ours was filled with basketball…and baseball.
Yep. Baseball season is officially here. One more game of basketball left and then my life will revolve all around bats and mitts.
Paul plays in an adult league, Trevor moved up to Single A. AND this year Paul will be coaching. Have mercy! Tell me again why I agreed to all of this?
So, I’m going be in even more need of one pot and slow cooker recipes.
This beans and rice with kielbasa is my new favorite. Because…beans. And rice. And kielbasa. I mean, come on. This is so. me. All my favorite things in one skillet. And so so easy!
I made it twice in the same week and I know it’s going to be a staple
in the coming months for eternity.
Heats up really well for left overs the next day, too!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 package (14 ounce) polska kielbasa, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounce) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high. Add the kielbasa and onion; sauté until onions become soft and translucent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice, chicken broth, beans, Italian seasoning, cracked red pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done, stirring once toward the end to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!