This Make-Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas recipe is a super easy and delicious casserole that can be made the night before and baked the next day!
Don’t you just love make-ahead meals? Even when life isn’t crazy, it’s still nice to prep something in advance, so it’s ready to go when you need it. Freeing up time to
Well, I have another home run recipe for you today, friends! Aside from it being easy, it’s versatile, which is always a bonus to me. Don’t like ham? Use turkey. Or sausage. Can’t live without bacon? Go for it! Want some spice? Add a jalapeño. Not crazy about cheddar? Try a different cheese. Customize this to your liking. (I do, however, highly recommend you not skip the sour cream and salsa, at least with this ham and cheddar version – it’s like that something extra that brings it all home.)
And the “breakfast” title? Pfft. I’ve made this countless times, more for dinner than anything else. Just put it together in the morning, instead of the night before.
- • 2 cups deli ham, chopped small
- • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- • 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- • 12 (6-8 inches) flour tortillas
- • 1 1/4 cup half-and-half
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1 tablespoon flour
- • salsa, sour cream, and extra green onions for serving
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the ham, green onions and 2 cups of the cheese in a medium bowl. Scoop 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish (I placed mine 10 the long way and then 2 on the side.)
- Whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, salt, and flour. Pour liquid over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350º. Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over enchiladas. Bake for 10 more minutes or until tops are golden brown and the egg mixture is set.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and additional green onions
originally from Look Who’s Cookin’ Now