With oats, nut butter, chocolate chips, and banana chips, this Homemade Chunky Monkey Granola is easy, delicious, and makes a fantastic snack on the go!
Get ready for some yummy, friends! You just can’t lose when combining oats, rice cereal, nuts, banana chips, and chocolate.
If that doesn’t sound good to you, then your taste buds are broken. Broken!
Originally meant to be in bar form, I changed it up a bit, crumbled it, and voila…granola!
Still on my quest to find quick things for the kiddos (and me!) to eat in the morning, this Chunky Monkey Granola fits the bill.
The bad part is, I also ate it with my lunch, mid-afternoon snack, pre-dinner, post-dinner, and a tiny nibble before bed.
I think I gained 2 pounds this weekend noshing on it!
Other granola we love!
Chunky Monkey Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup small chopped toasted walnuts
- 3/4 cup small chopped dried banana chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Almond butter (or creamy peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, rice cereal, walnuts, and banana chips. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter then stir in the brown sugar, honey, and almond butter butter.
- Bring to a boil; give it a stir and remove from heat.
- Mix in the vanilla (it will bubble up and sizzle for a second.)
- Immediately pour the sauce over the dry ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking sheet; spread out in an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Crumble it up and toss in your chocolate chips.
- Eat now or enjoy later!
adapted from Foodie with Family