These Chicken Chorizo Meatballs only have a handful of ingredients, but are packed with a ton of delicious flavor and Mexican flair!
Once upon a time I considered starting a second blog completely devoted to cookies, but I actually think a blog all about meatballs would suit me even better.
They’re so good with noodles, rice, flatbread, tortillas, or all on their own as an appetizer. And since they freeze well, you can stock up and always have them on hand.
The ingredient combinations are endless, so I’m constantly playing with different protein and mix-ins. These Chicken Chorizo Meatballs are the latest creation and I am absolutely obsessed. So simple with only a handful of ingredients, but packed with a ton of flavor.
Even with the Mexican flair, the kids actually liked them. Adding these to the regular rotation! Major win.
Chicken Chorizo Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 9 ounces pork chorizo
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- corn tortillas
- crumbled Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese
- Mexican cream or sour cream
- fresh chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, chorizo, egg, salsa verde, salt, and breadcrumbs until just combined (mixture will be sticky.)
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, form the meatballs.
- Warm the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs in batches, if necessary, and cook for about 2 minutes per side until they form a nice crust.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Divide meatballs among corn tortillas and sprinkle with Cotija cheese and cilantro.
Other meatball recipes you might like!
Classic Meatballs – Belly Full
Thai Shrimp and Pork Meatballs – Belly Full
Grilled Beef Kofta Kabobs – Belly Full
Whole 30 Meatballs – Well Plated
Pepperoni Meatballs – The Food Charlatan