Sweet and moist quick Zucchini Bread filled with freshly grated zucchini, walnuts, and cinnamon. This recipe makes two loaves, so you can freeze one for later!
I’m up at 4:45am most days, you guys. So I’m pretty much done by 9pm (at the very latest.) Paul stays up way later.
But last night, he was exhausted and I was wired. Which meant he went to bed early…and I stayed up, getting through my Netflix list of shows that he has no interest in.
So I binge-watched Celebrity Apprentice. And I polished off the last of the girl scout cookies. There was also a slice left of this zucchini bread. I ate that, too. And didn’t go to bed until 1am.
It was all a train wreck.
I felt so dirty afterwards.
And now I’m very tired today.
And out of zucchini bread.
There’s nothing like a good quick bread. I think everyone should have one in their arsenal. This is mine! – with zucchini and walnuts being one of my favorite variations.
I almost always have a loaf in the freezer as back up. Like for times when I stay up until 1am and finish off the first loaf.
other zucchini recipes we love
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups shredded zucchini , excess water pressed out
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla until incorporated. Stir in walnuts and zucchini.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour equally into the loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a tester in the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Carefully turn your cake bread out of pans and let cool.
- Slice and enjoy!