Luscious and creamy, this Peppermint Cheesecake is an easy dessert to make with a smooth filling and Oreo crust. It’s also no bake, which is perfect for Christmas when you need to free up your oven for all the other menu items.
Another no bake, peppermint and Oreo combination is this Peppermint Oreo Bark, and you only need 4 ingredients.
An Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
We sure do love a creamy smooth cheesecake, whether it be made with a traditional water bath or a no bake version. But you just can’t deny the convenience of a no bake cheesecake, especially in the summer when it’s super hot out or during the holidays when you need to use your oven for so many other foods. This No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake joins our collection and we are in love.
The filling is luscious and velvety with the perfect amount of sweetness, tang, and peppermint flavor, while the crushed up candy canes add that festive Christmas holiday flair.
This no bake cheesecake recipe requires just a handful of ingredients, including a 2-ingredient Oreo crust.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Oreos and Unsalted Butter – For the crust.
- Cream cheese – Use softened cream cheese so that it’s easier to combine.
- Sugar – Both granulated sugar and powdered sugar are used for optimal sweetness and texture.
- Heavy whipping cream – Helps keep the filling stable.
- Candy canes – Adds the peppermint flavor to the cheesecake, while also lending a little texture.
- Peppermint extract – Adds a little extra mint flavor.
- Food coloring – Red gel food coloring gives this peppermint cheesecake the perfect pink hue.
How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake
One of my favorite things about this cheesecake is that there’s no water bath or slow cooling time. Just prepare the crust, prepare the filling, and chill. To make this peppermint cheesecake recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card. Make sure to refer back to the article for all the helpful tips.
Tips for Success
If this is your first time making peppermint cheesecake or any no bake cheesecake, keep these helpful tips in mind.
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream forms stiff peaks. The heavy whipping cream is what stabilizes the cheesecake filling, so it’s imperative to whip it fully, until it’s forming stiff peaks.
- Press the crust down firmly. I like to use the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup to pack the crumbs in place.
- Start with a small amount of peppermint extract. Since different peppermint extracts are more potent than others, I like to start with just 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the mix then taste from there. You will be surprised how much mint flavor you get from so little extract.
- Chill overnight. This no-bake cheesecake needs at least 8 hours in the fridge but preparing it the day before so it can chill overnight is best.
Cheesecake Topping Ideas
While you can certainly serve this cheesecake as-is, sometimes it’s fun to add a little something extra before serving. Here are a few of my favorite cheesecake toppings:
- Homemade whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- More crushed candy canes
How to Store & Freeze
- How to store no-bake cheesecake. This peppermint cheesecake needs to be refrigerated right up until serving and any leftovers should be promptly returned to the fridge. If it’s left out for more than an hour, it will begin to wilt.
- Can I freeze no-bake cheesecake? Yes, you can freeze this peppermint no bake cheesecake. It’s important to note that it still must chill in the fridge before freezing. Remove it from the pan and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and also in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw in the fridge overnight.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Apple Cheesecake
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cheesecake
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
For the Crust
- 30 whole Oreos
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
For the Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes/peppermints
- red gel food coloring
- Place the Oreos in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until they are tiny crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter. Give it a stir with a spoon to make sure the crumbs are coated in the butter.
- Press the crumbs into a 9-inch springform pan on the bottom and up the sides. (I like to use the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup to pack the crumbs in place.)
- Place the crust in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer (you can also do this with a stand mixer and the paddle attachment.) Add the granulated sugar and mix it in. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract; mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks (but do not overbeat or it will be clumpy.)
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until there are no streaks left. (Taste and add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract if you want more of a peppermint flavor.)
- Fold in the crushed candy canes.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls. Color one of the bowls with red food coloring until you get a shade of pink that you like.
- Dollop the filling into the crust, so it has a mix of pink and white filling throughout; smooth out the top.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, ideally overnight if you can.
- Take off the outer attachment of the pan, slice, and serve with toppings or as is.