Grilled Steak Salad with Tzatziki Sauce – tender marinated steak is served on top of salad with a light and refreshing yogurt sauce for an easy, low-calorie meal!
My kids go back to school in two days! As usual, our break flew by *cries*
But, going back to school shouldn’t mean no more watermelon and pineapple, right? Everyone is talking about Fall baking and pumpkin already. Whereas I’m like, “Noooooo! It’s still summer. It’s in the 90’s where I am!”
And I’m still grilling and eating salad. Always and forever.
Made this one on Saturday and looooved it.
Grilled Steak Salad with Tzatziki Sauce
For the Salad
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 head Romaine lettuce , chopped (about 6 cups)
For the Marinade
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the the ingredients for the marinade, except the olive oil. Then slowly stream in the olive oil to emulsify. Add the steak; toss to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill grates. Remove steak from the marinade and pat dry. Place on grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Divide the lettuce and tomatoes among plates; drizzle with any juices that accumulated from the cutting board, and top with the steak and Tzatziki Sauce. Serve and enjoy!