Rich and creamy homemade chocolate truffles made with almond butter and a hint of sea salt for a perfect balance of flavors!
You guys. I’m cranky.
There’s Facebook drama going on, which is like a time warp back to 7th grade. Daylight Saving Time, making me want to go to bed at 6pm. And this beyond awful election, where apparently everyone in their right mind has forgotten that nowhere in the history of elections are you going to change someone’s mind.
Over breakfast this morning, my son mentioned a conversation the boys were having on the playground about the candidates. Their eight years old! I told him to stay out of it…and that there would be chocolate waiting for him when he and his sister got home from school.
That is, unless I eat all of these truffles first. Because, omg, I need ALL.THE.CHOCOLATE. today.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt
- Add the sliced almonds, powdered sugar, and almond butter to a food processor; pulse until combined.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls; transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, until smooth.
- Dip almond balls in the chocolate; transfer back to the baking sheet and sprinkle a little sea salt and top before the chocolate dries.
- Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes until set.
- Keep refrigerated.