A creamy coconut and chocolate chip filling is spread in between layers of pound cake, then drizzled with a rich chocolate ganache. All in only 15 minutes!
This recipe was developed by me for Hershey’s. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Very Culinary possible!
While I dreaded winters in Minnesota, there was something special about that chill in the air and snow on the ground for the holidays. In contrast, you’ll never hear me complain about the California weather, but 85 degrees in October makes it harder to get excited about hosting Thanksgiving and decorating a tree!
The temperatures finally dropped, though, and I’ve got that celebrating spirit coursing through my veins.
I’m hosting 20 people this year for Thanksgiving, which has me excited and exhausted just thinking about it. That’s nothing compared to my sister, Jen, who takes on Hanukkah and Christmas, where I’m only required to bring dessert.
Every year, I try to come up with something new to feed a large crowd. Something that looks like I spent a lot of time on it, but actually only took minutes. This cake fits the bill!
Coconut-Chocolate Chip Layered Pound Cake
- 1 loaf (16 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes , plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips , divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Cut the pound cake into thirds, lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, coconut flakes, and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place bottom layer of the pound cake on a serving platter. Evenly spread half of the coconut mixture over the top. Repeat with the middle section of pound cake and remaining coconut mixture, ending with the top layer. Press down gently to adhere the layers.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and heavy cream in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; mix. Continue in 10 second intervals until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over cake with a sprinkle of coconut flakes. Slice and serve!